Who We Are
Christian Action UKIP are members of UKIP and also Christians. Over the years we have seen the other political parties move away from their Christian foundations and towards an absence of any moral framework. At the same time we have witnessed the rise of UKIP from a single issue pressure group to a party which has picked up many of the Christian principles that the other parties have discarded. UKIP is now uniquely positioned to represent the many religious people who feel the other parties have abandoned them.
A Positive Voice in Politics
We provide a connection between UKIP and the church in the UK by providing practical ways of how Christians can engage in politics. Our desire is to see Christians who have perhaps been turned off by politics begin to see how they can have a positive voice within politics in general and UKIP specifically. While other parties have been silenced by a politically correct mantra that silences a Judeo-Christian world view, UKIP is not afraid to speak up for common sense and to provide a voce for ordinary citizens in this great country.
We work in partnership with Christian Soldiers in UKIP. Christian Soldiers produce a bulletin four times a year which seeks to inform UKIP members of what is happening within the party and issues which effect us. While Christian Soldiers seek to connect with members within the party our goal is to provide a bridge between UKIP and the church at large and with individual Christians who have become dissatisfied with mainstream politics. UKIP is the natural home not only for Christians who have seen biblical standards eroded but also for the millions of individuals who have a traditional moral basis for their lives.
Defending the Sanctity of Life
We believe in the sanctity of life and will speak up for the vulnerable at both the beginning and the end of their lives. We are made in the image of God and so every human being has value and purpose.
We believe that this precious gift of life comes from the lifelong union between one man and one woman, and that this is the most stable environment for the bringing up of children.
We believe that the freedom to practice ones faith without threat or fear is a right that all citizens of the UK should enjoy. Everyone has the right to choose and / or change their religion and this religious liberty is a hallmark of our British culture.
Helping the Downtrodden
We aspire to a godly standard in public and private life. Our example is Jesus who taught us to love our neighbours and enemies. To reach down and help the downtrodden in society. To care for the orphan and widow. To display a character of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control.
- To hold up Christian values and principles within politics
- To promote UKIP amongst churches throughout the country
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.